Hey every one!
Here Is the first draft of the Bridge Bus proposal. We are still in the beginning stages of this proposal so more detailed budgets will come as we get approvals and find the veichle we are looking for.
To answer some questions from earlier.
JANANDA - Proposed using existing veichles instead of investing in new.
- we already have some community veichles and mine in particular has the intention to be used in this way to transport people to communities, events and work parties, acting as an ammbasador for the Bridge until the bus is aquired and in addition too afterwards. I believe the bus will still be a benefit to the community in addition to these veichles for many reasons listed in the proposal below, and we will be raising the money on givith to meet expenses. At this time we are not asking for the money from DBC.
- also we are already in discusión with a community member who has a bus already that is showing interést in collaborating with us
LEGAL - The need for legal advice and proper licences/insurance is stated in the proposal and will have updated information from gwendy next time the proposal is updated
Thank you for all your interést and feedback
Diamante Bridge Collective
Proposal Champion: Krista
Proposal Status: Draft
Governing Council: Krista, Kobi, Lala
Advice Process Location: [Link to Meeting Notes]
Diamante Bridge Bus
24, December 2021
We would like to raise funds to Buy/Renovate a Community Bus, that will act as an ambassador for the Bridge Collective, helping to bring awareness and support to Regenerative land Projects and Communities of the Diamante Bridge Collective. The Bus will also serve us in other ways like showcasing our products and artists, transportation of goods and people between communities, to events and beach trips, and so much more!
- What is the current situation as it relates to the Vision and Mission of the Diamante Bridge Collective?
Under the DBC umbrella we have many talented perma-culturists, artists, creators, facilitators and volunteers. We also have a web of unique and wonderful communities with similar visions to be explored.
The DBC Bridge Bus is our proposed solution to extending the reach and increasing the strength of this web: to help both knowledge and products to move farther, to help bring fresh volunteers to various communities to find their fit, to onboard and educate as we go and to bring the many gifts we are uncovering within our individual homesteads to other homesteads around the country.
From a simple, sparkly standpoint, the Bridge Bus has a fun story. It will be exciting to capture the process of purchase and renovation, and create an engaging, ongoing piece of content for all DBC communities to use online to promote what they’re doing. It’s also an excellent team building exercise as we involve members from different communities in the design of the bus.
But sparkle, while necessary, is useless without purpose. When we observe this project from the perspective of it’s deeper intention, we can recognize the bus is the package for something much more important: from within it, we will be able to share farming and communal knowledge on a wider scale, bring back profit for many regen-enterprises happening within each community and transform the “burden” of nomadic volunteers into a gift by setting up an efficient mobile on-boarding system.
- What positive change is needed in order to fulfill the Vision and MIssion?
We require full support and consensus from the DBC collective. This is energetically very important to us as we move forward: this project will act as another bridge between communities, artisans, perma-culturists, farmers, builders and more. For it to succeed, we need to have support from members who have the experience in these areas so we can be confident that the community’s needs are being appropriately met and this bus is fully and completely aligned with the overall vision of BRIDGING communities, people and knowledge. Once we have consensus, we require the DBC to support us to verify on Giveth so we have a larger promotional reach, and for individual community members to promote the project on their own social media platforms (if possible). Finally, we ask for a small donation agreed upon by each member of the DBC to launch us off immediately with a flow of abundance.
- What is being requested to address the Context?
Aligning with the DBC umbrella gives us larger promotional power. We intend to launch this project on Giveth, and understand the importance of having a verified project in order to have a higher chance of donations. With the consensus, support and excitement of DBC behind us, this project will launch with a lot more energy and success. We also need your input: what do you want to see on the bus? Do you have unique ideas for how it can be used that we haven’t considered? Where do you see room for improvement? With the combined wisdom and experience of the larger DBC team, we can go into this project with crucial confidence and alignment. Then, we can ask that individual members of DBC use their own social media platforms to promote the verified Giveth project, giving us further reach to more potential donors.
We need a place to keep the bus. If the DBC supports the concept, we would love it if one, two or all of the involved farms/communities can agree to offer a space for the bus to live both during the designing and during tours. During design, it would be ideal to keep the bus on the Diamante Luz land as it is the most local for the team. For tour, we would require that the offered parking spaces will also come with a small plot of land for setting up camp around the bus.
Finally, we ask that if the project fits into the DBC’s needs and has the support of members, a donation of ANY amount to start us off will be a huge advantage as we launch the Giveth project. To see that we have already met some of our goals will encourage more donors to make contributions. On the physical level, it’s smart marketing. On the astral level, starting with a flow of abundance means we’re already rolling out the gate.
- How will it be implemented?
We will utilize Giveth as our crowd-funding platform with the intention to raise as much as we can without pulling from the DBC’s current budget.
A team will be created to hold the vision, utilize the buses functions, and record/ share financial recording
We will create a story which translates the vision for the Bridge Bus in a fun and engaging way. This story will be told in type using SEO and hashtags to increase reach, and in video so that it is visually enticing.
We will use the Diamante Luz land for the initial bus holding space during renovation and design.
We will keep both the DBC members and the Giveth contributors up to date on where money is going by splitting the project up into three phases: Phase 1 - Purchase and Conversion, Phase 2 - Design, Phase 3 - Stocking and staffing
What work product will be delivered that indicates the success of the project?
- Short-term Expectations
Raise money to purchase and Renovate the Diamante Bridge bus that will serve the collective and stewards of the Land. Complete 1st stage of renovations and utilize the bus immediately to cover some transportation needs of the community, including bringing people to work parties.
- Mid-term Expectations
The DBC will have a mobile transportation unit that can start organizing work parties for different nodes of the DBC. In this structure we have access to more people from all around that have an interest in learning about what we are doing here but might not have transportation or the knowledge on how to join us. We provide all the transportation, tools and support so people really feel empowered to learn and be productive on these work days. It will also serve an outlet to trade goods among communities, and provide income opportunities for healers and artisans. Mobile events will help support community members who have talents and goods to share and profits will be coming back to the DBC with a percentage going back specifically to regenerative projects.
Ex. Profits less expenses - 50% Facilitators 30% DBC 20% tools and maintenance
- Long-term Expectations
The bus will continue to serve the collective and become an essential tool for bringing in new people, awareness and energy to the community and our many projects here. Bus tours will be launched bringing people to many different communities who are looking for support and hands to complete land projects. We will also have a mobile device that will serve the nomadic desires of many of our community members, giving the people of the DBC opportunities to carpool together to events, beach days, and connected communities. This will help bring the community closer together, engaging in outings together and help keep morale and a sense of community high.
- The bus can also serve as an Integration tool for new people coming into the communities
Describe the performance activities that will be reviewed at evaluation checkpoints.
What criteria will be met, measurements achieved, or above mentioned outcomes will be delivered for which quality, accuracy and efficiency can be checked?
- Bus build check ins: Where are we at with budget and progress on the bus project
- Product stock: what artisans have offered product and how will we be selling them vs sharing the profit
- Events - is the bus successful and profitable with transporting and creating mobile events and Community Tours
- What content have we captured and shared to tell the story and how is this contributing to the DBC.
- Is the bus successful at bringing people to various communities for work parties and family events - How many people man hours for which Branch of the DBC or other.
List specific objectives, systems, documents, processes etc. that will be created and maintained, as well as how progress will be communicated, to whom, and how frequently.
We will create a Discord Forum within the DBC Discord to communicate about the bus and evaluate its current success. This will be shared in monthly financial updates as well as stories and videos from the tour.
We will create a Bridge Bus folder within the DBC Community Drive to house financial information and the tour schedule.
We will create a form for artisans, creators and facilitators to volunteer to have their products and services available on the bus. From this, we will create a schedule for the first tour to be approved by DBC community. As a community, we will determine how the profits are shared between artisan/facilitator, bus maintenance and community. This will also be uploaded to the DBC Bridge Bus Drive folder with an available template that can be sent to friends in the area if they wish to volunteer.
- Purchase Bus and Complete Stage 1 Renovations (structure, composting toilet, furniture and interior design.) Begin transporting people for work parties and events
- Start Mobile Events Tours where members from our communities can share their gifts on the road with us, creating abundance, experiences and opportunities for our community members and the DBC
- Complete Ecological/Work Renovations - Solar panels, Water collection systems, WIFI, Stage Conversion, event tents, camping tents
- This second conversion will allow us to expand on the Mobile Events and Community tours, allowing us to showcase many different communities, while transporting, feeding and providing shelter so we can go anywhere with these tours and travel as a self-sustaining unit
- Any portion of the total 30,000+ needed with the intention of using the Giveth platform to procure these funds.
- Purchase of bus, conversion, decoration, gas for journey
- Working with artisans and facilitators and, depending on where different income sources come from, we would like to donate a percentage of what we make back to DBC, a percentage to various artisans who contributed, and a percentage placed into a reserve fund to maintain bus and any additional expenses.
- A percentage of bus profits and man hours will go directly to agreed upon Regenerative Projects, Existing Community Gardens, planting food in public locations and creating a system for maintenance, care and harvest.
1 School Bus -$10,000- 20000
- Ex. Used 2001 450 C8.600000
1 Conversion - $20,000
- Turn into a 4x4 - 10.000
- Solar Power- $8000
- Water Collection and Filters - $500
- Compost Toilet - $1000
- Refrigerator - 500
Furniture and decoration for within bus: $1000 - $5000
- Kitchen Tools and Utensils
- Portable Tables for Cooking/Eating/projects/Multi purpose
- Blankets, Cushions, Mats
- Video and lighting
Ongoing expenses - Initial Investment required but ongoing costs will be paid from the bus projects
- Gas. - 500 per month
- Maintenance - 500 per month
- Bus Driver License ( 100 per month)
- insurance / permits
Wifi installation and cost
Tools for work parties - Gloves, boots, shovels - $300
Bus Driver - Needed
Primary Contact Scheduling and Events - Krista
- The primary contact for inquiries, scheduling and events related to the Bridge Bus. Also will serve as a liaison for the Bridge Bus and help organize many of her own tours and mobile events
Marketing and Promotions - Lala
- Instagram and Website design, Videos and content
Videos, Photos and Marketing Content - Kobi
- Artists, teachers and chefs who want to either travel with us to collaborate hosting events and tours, or would like to promote their talents or products though the bus
- Looking for Volunteers who wish to be the Representatives of their community. 2 to 3 people would be ideal from the communities or projects who wish to host work parties at their land who can come on the Hands on the Land tour on the day of activation to help lead the projects and share the stories of the communities.
How long is this agreement in effect, and what happens at the end?
- The bus will be considered the property of the DBC and will continue to be so after the original agreements have been put into effect
- The people involved in creating this project agree to their positions they have signed up for the first 3 months and, following an evaluation/check-in, these positions can be re-assigned or altered.
How much is being requested, how will payments be administered?
- At this time our goal is to start raising the money for this project on GIveth. Of course any donations or contributions from the DBC to start this project are welcome
- Once the bus is purchased we will also be requesting funds and physical support for renovations of the bus. The intention is that these funds are received both from GIVETH and the DBC
When will evaluations be performed, revisions approved, and by whom?
- Evaluations can be performed every 6 months for the first year and we can reevaluate after this based on productivity and abundance created with the Bus